my work-wife, gchat, is sick today. so i will blog about everything that has happened in my day to fill the void.
1. i talked to brad wood on facebook chat :: brad, with whom i worked back at the oaks, handles media for world impact – one of my favorite non-profits. great people like brad need great backers.
REASONS YOU SHOULD HELP SPONSOR BRAD… a) brad is random, b) brad climbs, making him a tremendous person, c) if i’m not mistaken, brad rides a bike, making him green – or environmentally friendly, if you will, d) brad once helped put out a fire in a burning building, e) brad is great at what he does, and he’s helping people every he goes to work.
you can help sponsor brad at http://worldimpactla.org/Wood or email him at email@example.com.
2. i actually read a fwd :: josh’s cousin sent around an email forward of a column written by a 90-year-old woman of 45 Life Lessons. i am posting it here because gchat is still down, and you have nothing better to do with your time, either.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick . . . Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. God can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck..
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22.. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now..
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back..
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.”
3. i read blogs :: this is my personal favorite today : http://emotionallyretardedbf.wordpress.com/. somehow it’s so soothing and reminds me not to be annoyed with my own boyfriend who is in germany and seems to have forgotten how to dial numbers on a telephone. today’s theme = passive aggressive. will be remedied tonight with gilmore girls, wine and sushi…again.
4. work :: i really do work. but social media, blogs and web nonsense IS my work. so here i am. hard at work.
and in the time it took to write this post, gchat is back!!
baby brooklynn :: sept 22, 2009. woot!
story to warm your hearts :: yesterday, i looked at my pitiful bank statement and was therefore depressed at how much of my paycheck is eaten by uncle sam. minutes later, @calvinday gets on gchat and tells me how he’s still up from partying the night before. calvin was invited to a “meet and greet,” which, turns out, was an all-you-can-eat steak, drinks and shots karaoke party for AIG directors. so calvin and his new exec buddies drank shots and rounds of my tax dollars all night. he then projectile vomited my tax dollars on an executive. sweet justice.